Notice to Families and Friends of Sunny Acres and Legacy Care July 3, 2020
Hello Family Members: I want to start by wishing you all a Happy 4th of July Holiday Weekend.
Here is our Weekly Update: Outside family visits have been going great, the majority of family members have been pleased. We will continue to utilize our back court-yard areas for Sunny Acres and Legacy Care. Please contact Keleigh at Sunny Acres, or Alicia at Legacy Care.between 10am-4pm have just finished our second week of family and resident outside visits and the feedback from everyone has been terrific. It helps that the weather has been very good and our tents have been very helpful. Our visits continue to be located in our back courtyard areas for both Sunny Acres and Legacy Care. If you want to schedule a visit please contact Keleigh at Sunny Acres or Alicia at Legacy Care
between 10am-4pm to schedule your visit in advance.
The State Bureau of Health Care Safety has issued new guidelines, which will increase opportunities for more visits, including weekend visits with your family members. These guidelines will be provided to you next week, and we anticipate new protocols to be implemented starting Monday, July 13, 2020.
The current protocols are still in place and a summary is listed below. dated June 1, 2020
Sunny Acres and Legacy Care will be Allowing:
l. Visits will be scheduled Monday through Friday 10:00am-11:30am and 2:00pm-4:00pm.
2. At this time no visits will be reserved for weekends due to limited staffing during this pandemic,
but this may change over the next few weeks.
3. Visits must be limited to one individual, with no split reservations. A visitor must remain at least six
(6) feet from the resident at all times during the visit.
4. Visitors MUST wear a face covering that covers nose and mouth and remain in place during the entire visit.
WE WILL NOT PROVIDE such covering to the visitors.
5. All visits must be no longer than 15 minutes per resident, per day, not to exceed more than one visit per week.
6. Please arrive as close to your reservation time as possible, if you are early we ask that you remain in
your vehicle and someone will call you when we are ready.
7. Prior to seeing your loved one, our staff will screen you for fever or respiratory symptoms, at the gate to the courtyard A tent is set up and any individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 infection (fever equal to 100.0 degrees f,
a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills or new onset loss of taste or smell)
will NOT be permitted to visit with a resident.
Please note visits MUST be supervised at all times.
Our staff member must remain with the resident at all times during the visit.
8. Any resident or visitor who is unable to adhere to this policy will be asked to leave immediately and will need to
call facility to reschedule a new visit, we also reserve the right to refuse visitation if there is just cause .
9. Please be aware that nothing except you and your mask will be allowed into our gate unless informed otherwise.
All items used by us during the visit will be disinfected between encounters.
10. Window Visits, Virtual Visits via I-pads is another option please contact Judy Saba at Sunny Acres or
Alicia at Legacy Care to schedule any of these type visits.
Also, During Window visits everyone outside must wear a mask and be standing 6 feet away from the window.
Window visits must end by 4:30pm due to meal services and resident care.
As I stated in my previous e-mail communications, Sunny Acres/Legacy Care continues to follow all CDC and Mass DPH guidelines pertaining to keeping our residents and staff safe from this ever changing Covid-19 crisis.
I also want to inform you that we have a New Nursing Unit 1 Manager at Sunny Acres her name is Paula Stys, RN
she comes to us with many years of experience and we are hopeful you will meet her in person soon.
As I stated in my previous email communications, Sunny Acres/Legacy Care continues to follow all
CDC and Mass DPH guidelines pertaining to keeping our residents
and staff safe from this ever changing Co-vid19 virus crisis.
Thank you again for your support, kind words and generosity.
Have A Safe Holiday Weekend.
Jeffrey Schwartz Administrator, NHA
Awarded For Excellent Care Year After Year
Sunny Acres is proud to hold the 2017 National Quality Care Silver Award by the American Health Care Association. Only 4% of all Nursing Homes in the country has received the award.
This award reflects our dedication to constantly improving our quality of care and our resident-centric philosophy.
When You're at Sunny Acres, You're at Home
Since 1948, we have continued our tradition of caring for each resident as if they were our own family. We care for your loved ones with respect, dignity and compassion.
At Sunny Acres, we provide a warm, attractive, homelike atmosphere. Our residents don't live in our workplace, we work in their home.